Thanks for stopping by the Essential Oils page! These oils have changed my life, and I hope you will give them the chance to change yours.
What are Essential Oils?
Essential oils have been used for thousands of years, throughout history, in many cultures because of their natural medicinal and therapeutic abilities. Essential oils are sometimes described as the “life force” of the plant. They are natural aromatic compounds found in seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, rinds, and other parts of plants, and captured for use as oil through distillation or cold-pressing. Essential Oils are non water-based phytochemicals made up of volatile aromatic compounds, and although they are fat soluble, they do not include fatty lipids or acids found in vegetable and animal oils. This means that they are very easily absorbed by the skin and do not contain allergenic properties.
Why Young Living?
Young Living explains their commitment to quality essential oils in their “seed to seal” promise. There’s actually an entire website devoted to this – Seedtoseal.com
Young Living is one of the only essential oil companies that I know of that owns their own farms. That’s right – they are so committed to quality agricultural practices – when it comes to farming for oils but also for sustainability, that they actually invest in land to grow the plants themselves. They have distilleries on site at these farms and also work closely with partner farms all over the world.
Did you know that Young Living oils are tested hundreds of times before they enter the bottle? Young Living will test a new crop for the best time of year for harvest, the best time of day for harvest, how long the crop sits between being harvested and being distilled, and also how long and at what temperature the distillation occurs – ALL of this testing is analyzed to find the precise combination of factors that yield the highest therapeutic quality essential oil.
Pure Therapeutic Grade
The FDA doesn’t have standards for essential oils, and therefore anyone can write almost anything on the outside of an essential oil bottle. So, although you might come across other brands who claim to have “pure” or “therapeutic grade” essential oils, I can tell you from firsthand experience, that Young Living has the highest quality oils on the market. Their commitment to quality is unmatched in the industry and it shows in the effectiveness of their oils. They rigorously test their oils both in house and by third party to ensure that their final product oils are of the highest quality.
Does this really matter?
YES. Essential Oils are made up of micronurtients that can cross barriers in the body that other nutrients cannot. When oils are adulterated, or chemically enhanced, or engineered, they are still oils. Meaning whatever they have been adulterated with, or whatever chemicals they have been made of or changed by can cross these barriers as well.
How do I get started?
When I started with essential oils, I bought them one at a time. I ordered about two or three times from a friend of mine before diving in and getting the kit. In hindsight, I wish I had just gotten the kit in the first place. I spent so much more on shipping, and the oils themselves, than I would have had I just become a distributor in the first place.
Becoming a distributor with Young Living does not mean that you have to sell anything.
It gives you access to buy oils at a wholesale discount (24%).
There is no requirement to sell and no monthly purchase requirement.
There are a few different options when signing up to become a distributor, but the one I recommend the most is the Premium Starter Kit. This kit retails for over $300, but as a wholesale member, you get it for $160.
Why start with the Premium Starter Kit?
I know. $160 is a lot of money to spend on something you might still be unsure about.
But here’s the deal: Essential Oils take time.
They take some time to get used to them. There is a little bit of a learning curve. They aren’t always a first-time fix. Sometimes, to get rid of a headache, we have to use peppermint a couple of times. Or it might take a few days for Peace & Calming to have an affect on your sleep. Or maybe you find that Lavender works better on your baby, but Peace & Calming works better for you.
The Premium Starter Kit comes with the 10 most popular essential oils, and comes with enough of them to really get your feet wet with using them.
The Premium Starter Kit includes:
5ml bottles of the top 10 oils:
- Lavender (The “swiss army knife” of oils. Skin irritations, seasonal discomfort, calming, relaxing)
- Lemon (DIY cleaning products, cleansing, energizing, circulatory support)
- Peppermint (seasonal discomfort, supports normal digestion, including promoting healthy intestinal function and gastrointestinal system comfort)
- Frankincense (immune support, skin health, mentally grounding)
- PanAway (can help alleviate stressed muscles or other physical discomforts, head tension, provides comforting warmth to muscles)
- Thieves (immune support, purifying)
- Purification (freshens the air and eliminates odors, cleansing, soothing to skin, apply topically to enjoy the outdoors pest-free)
- RC (can be used before exercise to uplift and inspire, can support respiratory comfort)
- Copaiba (traditionally used to aid digestion and support the body’s natural response to injury or irritation, used for physical discomfort)
- DiGize (provides digestive support as part of an everyday wellness routine or during unique times like traveling abroad)
Bonus 5ml bottle of Stress Away
1 AromaGlide roller filament to make any bottle of essential oil a roller bottle.
Your choice of a Dewdrop, Bamboo, Aria, or Rose Home Diffuser (A $96 value. I use mine daily).
10 sample packets total of Lavender, Peppermint, Peace & Calming, Lemon, and Thieves for travel or sharing with family and friends
2 NingXia Red 2-oz. samples (an amazing and delicious antioxidant supplement)
10 empty dram bottles with coordinating cards for sharing oils
Are you ready to try essential oils for yourself?
To get started, just follow these steps.
- Click over to the sign-up page.
- Select “Sign Up As: Young Living Wholesale Member”
- The “Enroller ID” and “Sponsor ID” boxes should already be filled in for you. If they aren’t, my ID is 1690680, and you can fill both boxes with this number.
- Fill out your name, billing address, shipping address, and contact info. (The reason you are asked for your SSN is for tax purposes; if you make over $600/year selling Young Living products, you will receive a 1099 form in the mail, as is required by law. Young Living never shares this info with anyone.)
- Create your password and pin which you will use to log in to your account and order your oils.
- Select your enrollment order. This is where you can specify which starter kit you would like. You must sign up with one of these kits to become a Wholesale Member, but I personally recommend the Premium Starter Kit, as described above.
- Set up your optional Essential Rewards (ER) Program. Buying one of the ER kits is not a requirement to sign up as a Wholesale Member! This is an optional rewards program that allows you to earn points back to use towards future oil purchases (Points are 10% of purchases in the first 6 months, 15% in the next 6 months, and 20% thereafter). At this point, you can skip this step by selecting “No, thank you. I plan on enrolling in the Essential Rewards Program later.” If one of the ER kits looks valuable to you, then go for it in addition to your starter kit.
- Agree to Terms & Conditions.
- CONFIRM YOUR ORDER. I have had many people miss this step and end up not fully checking out. To confirm, the tool will log you in and it will show you your order again and it will make you enter in your payment information again.
You know you want to try essential oils, but not sure how to get started?
Don’t worry! Once you sign up, I will add you to a private Facebook group where you can ask questions and view tons of resources on how others are using the oils in their lives.
I hope you give these amazingly powerful natural oils a try in your life!