Oh my goodness. Was this a fun week or what?!
To be in a place with close to 10,000 people who believe the same things you do about health and wellness is such a wonderful thing to experience.
First, Gary Young is the most genuine and inspiring individual I have ever had the privilege of hearing speak. I was excited about Young Living before I attended Convention. Now that I have attended, I can say that I have never been more thrilled to be connected with a company in my life.
Using Nature to Heal and Save Lives
One of the most awe-inspiring, tear-jerking moments during this week was the introduction of two new collections that Young Living will be releasing soon: Freedom Collection and Reconnect.
The Freedom Collection is a two-part collection, Freedom Release and Freedom Sleep, and has been used by people dealing with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. While introducing this collection, they had a series of people give testimonies of how this collection has helped relieve them from their PTSD symptoms. One of these individuals was a Vietnam War veteran who stated that he has been able to sleep through the night for the first time in over 35 years because his nightmares are finally gone.
Reconnect is a collection of oils that have been used by families dealing with Autism, Aspergers, and other challenging mental disabilities and their various “side effects.” A number of families gave their testimonies of how their children have transformed using these oils.
We all know that essential oils are potent and powerful and it is so awesome to hear these first-hand accounts of how they are changing people’s lives in major ways.
Seed to Seal : Quality Assurance
Young Living is devoted to quality more than any other company I have ever had dealings with. There have been a recent string of shortages of certain oils and blends due to the company having trouble sourcing ingredients of their standard.
One way Young Living has and is continuing to combat the shortage of quality ingredients is investing in farmland where they can grow their own.
As part of the convention, we were able to go and visit the Young Living Lavender Farm in Mona, Utah. Here we got to see and participate in each step of the Seed to Seal process.
SEED TO SEAL QUALITY COMMITMENT
1. Seed – Powerful, effective essential oils come from seeds and plants that are verified for their essential oil potential by Young Living experts, partnering with university experts.
2. Cultivate – Young Living farms, located around the globe, are dedicated to perfecting the best growing and harvesting methods. Our experts also travel the world visiting our co-op farms to verify that their growing and cultivating processes match our high standards. These operations provide an ongoing source for essential oils that meet Young Living’s demanding quality standards.
3. Distill – Combining ancient and modern techniques, Young Living is recognized as an innovator in essential oil distillation. We use a gentle, proprietary technique for steam extracting the most effective essential oils, as well as using cold pressing and resin tapping methods for select oils.
4. Test – Young Living never accepts diluted, cut, or adulterated oils. To guarantee consistent quality, our oils are tested in Young Living’s own internal labs, as well as in third-party facilities, to ensure that they meet stringent specifications, exceed international standards, and contain the optimal levels of natural bioactive compounds.
5. Seal – Young Living completes the Seed to Seal process in its 107,000-square-foot facility in Spanish Fork, Utah. Using state-of-the-art equipment, each essential oil is carefully bottled into protective amber glass bottles—ready to be shipped to members worldwide.
I have never experienced nor been a part of a company that is so interested and so transparent about their commitment to quality. It is so awesome to see the lavender fields, with wild flowers growing in between their carefully planted rows and know these plants are organic. Hearing Gary Young, the founder of this company, talk about crop rotation and soil cultivation ensures us all that Young Living is not only wanting to extract the most pure and potent oils from the earth, but also care for and nourish it in the process.
Convention consisted of 4 jam-packed, non-stop, days full of education and celebration for all that this company has done and has yet to do. I am so happy to have been able to partake in the events of this past week, and hope that I can make it work to go again next year, in Grapevine, Texas.
Are you new to essential oils? Do you want to know what this excitement is all about for yourself?
Visit my Essential Oils page and read my story.
Also, I have made my notes from all of the convention sessions and workshops I attended available to subscribers of my blog. If you are interested in accessing these notes, then “join the adventure” to your left, and you’ll be given access!